Monday, January 30, 2012

What do you think of this poem?

Dandelions



When I was still young

I often sided with the weeds;

watched their untamed life,

blow firm in the breeze;

stronger, but less appreciated

than your precious leaves.



I took my strolls along the matted grass

trampled by work-boots into the mud;

and followed your obligatory path,

Sunbathed to frothy suds.



And those dandelions I picked for you,

I always liked them better in seed.

Many were blown along the way,

blown away on childish need.



They were the promise indeed

that Spring had begun.

And those blocks of ice,

would melt away by the sun,

and that clearing in the yard

would allow me to see-



I tried to chase you one day,

call out your name,

but my voice fell flat

in the pouring rain.



I tripped and fell

and sobbed in vain.

But mother never scolded

my earthly stains.



Or yours.



Today I still pick dandelions,

because they're ample, they're free;

they are the life of your hated weeds,

And all of them curse your name.

What do you think of this poem?
I liked it all except where OR YOURS starts. Change the ending and you will have a good poem.
Reply:I liked the beginning, the middle was hard to grasp and the ending was a bit harsh, overall it was okay.I think the way you used some of your word together, that did not make much sense together.


No comments:

Post a Comment